- 1 dollar a day is the mark of absolute poverty as recognised by the United Nations.
- More than one billion people, approximately one in six, live on 1 dollar a day or less.
- For more than 30,000 people every day 1 dollar a day could the difference between life and death.
- 1 Dollar a Day is a people’s movement that gives ordinary people a practical opportunity to help.
- 1 Dollar a Day is a Christian-based charity. We believe that those who live in developed countries and have so much, have a duty of care towards those who have so little.
We can make a lasting difference together.